Friday, February 26, 2010

A Win-Win Day in Vancouver


I started the day with a reception for USANA Associates and the US Speedskating group at the US Speedskating House. It was a blast to get together and share our paths in USANA.

Karen Shumka, USANA Emerald Director, and I were betting (no money!!) on who would win the USA vs. Canada Women’s Hockey gold medal game yesterday. Of course I was USA all the way, but I was a tiny bit torn, as we have an incredible Canadian athlete on Team USANA — Jennifer Botterill.

As it turns out Canada won, and USANA won ... and I was really proud of Team USA! They have an incredible rivalry with Canada and on any given day either team could win.

Team USA Women's Hockey Team

Checking out Caitlin's silver medal

I was able to catch up with the USA Women’s Hockey Team after the game at the USA House. I talked with Caitlin Cahow (No. 8 USA) and her mom Barbara about their experience here and I got to hold Caitlin’s silver medal!

Although I may have a medal of my own, I was like a little kid when I got to touch Caitin’s medal. The design is spectacular!

To top it off, I got to meet members of our USANA-sponsored Women’s Speedskating team as well. All of the athletes are so gracious and humble. It’s inspiring to be around them...

US Speedskating's bronze medal 3,000 meter relay team

1 comment:

Karen Shumka said...

Jennifer Azzi - you are such a class act!