Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Incredible Day 2 in Vancouver


Day 2 in Vancouver was great. Despite the rain, we did a lot of walking! I visited the Alumni House (“House” is another name for where Olympians from around the world can go and hang out, relax, and enjoy the Games).

The Alumni House was more like an art gallery in which there is an incredible display of photos from the Beijing Olympics. I met Michael, from the 2002 Greek Skeleton team, as you'll see in the video.

While we were there, the host had us both sign the Olympic wall of fame — there are some impressive names on that wall! As I was leaving the House, I ran into two USANA Associates who live here in Vancouver and they promise to be at Convention this summer!

From there I went to see Bonnie Blair at Right To Play, followed by some time at the USA House. The USA House is incredible! You can only access the House if you are a U.S. Olympian.

It is an awesome space right in the heart of Vancouver where we can hang out with other Olympians. The food is fantastic! I guess you could call it a home away from home. I am certainly enjoying this experience...and the people here in Vancouver have been fantastic!

No comments: