Saturday, June 13, 2009

Having a Great Time in Tennessee

I'm having a great time! This is our Class of 2009. They are a very funny and lively group! Tonight is the big night! Going to get some rest now as this day has been crazy busy!

The above photo is from the 4K run this morning. 5 a.m. for me! I'm standing with Cynthia Cooper, one of the all-time greats (she's also being inducted into the hall of fame tonight).

The run is a fundraiser in honor of Kay Yow, NC State women's basketball coach and Women's Basketball Hall of Famer (Class of 2000). She lost her battle with breast cancer on Jan. 24, 2009.

This is Miss Mimms. When we were kids we wanted her to be our mom. Hurt my mom's feelings a bit but we loved her. She was the director of Scarboro day care center. We had lost touch and we had a very emotional reunion yesterday in Oak Ridge. I had not seen the school in 30 years!

I am having a great time! Very busy. Much more to come...

No comments: