Saturday, February 16, 2008

NBA All-Star 2008 - Day 6






The morning began with a breakfast with the National and International teams for Jr. NBA and Jr. WNBA programs. Big Bob and I hosted the event.  The kids from the United States were chosen for not only their talent, but for their character.  The NBA also hosted the parents of the US team.  What a joy it was for me to meet such outstanding parents!  They have instilled wonderful qualities in their children--work ethic, character, and respect.  Their children will be the future of the game.  
Later in the afternoon, we hosted a press conference for Wrigley, NBA and PCA(Prevent Child Abuse).  Wrigley is following the NBA's lead in giving to New Orleans.  The are donating up to $50,000 to PCA to help prevent child abuse here in New Orleans!  
The next event was a reading rally.  I got the privilege of reading with The Berenstein Bears author, Michael Berenstein.  I made sure to get a copy of the new book, "The New Kitten" for my niece.  
As I wrap up my time here in New Orleans, I feel so blessed to be part of such a wonderful organization as the NBA.  It is certainly about much more than basketball!   They have given so much here to the city of New Orleans. 
I also glad I got to share some of this week with all of you to give you an inside look at NBA All-Star.  I hope to see you all at one of USANA's Regional Conventions!  

No comments: