Wednesday, February 13, 2008

NBA All-Star 2008 - Day 3






Today was another great day!  I am so inspired by all of the awesome community relations events.  My favorite of the day was the Wheelchair Basketball NWBA All-Star reception and clinic.  Lynette Woodard, George Gervin "The Ice Man", and other athletes did a clinic for kids who are in wheelchairs.  For most of them, it was the first time they had been on a basketball court.  The NWBA All-Stars showed them how to play in their wheelchairs.  What an experience! Each child had a smile from ear to ear as they learned how to maneuver their wheelchairs and learn techniques from the athletes.  I was in awe at the skill level of the NWBA athletes!  The most inspirational moment was seeing Courtney, age 6 and her sister, Katie, age 8(who would help Courtney in her wheelchair) having such a great time.  Every time they did a new drill with the players, they would pass by and give me a high five.
Having an experience like today, I feel so blessed to have been a part of such a positive group of people. I was supposed to be there to help them, but they truly inspired me!
I also tried the famous New Orleans jambalaya.  When I travel, I love to try local cuisine.  The food down here is absolutely fabulous.
 

No comments: