Monday, October 5, 2009

Mom's Workout: 4-Week Update


I was in Salt Lake City for the weekend visiting my family and got the update on my Mom’s progress (here's the first blog).

Six weeks ago she had a routine blood test and her cholesterol was 285! She had two choices, medication or exercise. She chose exercise.

Five weeks ago, she committed to walking at least three times a week for at least 15-20 minutes. While that may not sound like a lot to some, it has made a big difference! She teaches school full time and it has been challenging to find the time and motivation at the end of a long day to walk.

I was able to join her on two walks and she is getting stronger and more fit each week! She will retest her cholesterol at Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

iluvazzi_8 said...

Go Donna!!!

Dyann Lyon said...

Wonderful video! Thanks to you and your Mom for showing her calendar with her daily/weekly milestones. That is a great idea and I am now doing the same!