Monday, November 15, 2010

Getting the Season Started!

Whew... the last little while has been very, very busy but I'm loving it! As most of you know, this is my first year as the University of San Francisco women's basketball coach. I've spent the past several months preparing for the start of the season, which tipped off on Friday.

It's been so much fun getting to know these incredible players and getting them ready to compete against some tough teams (here's a quick interview I did with Gary Radnich of KRON 4). I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.

Being a coach, I've learned, is more than just instructing on the court — it's about teaching these players to live a healthy lifestyle off the court as well. So far, with the help of USANA, we're heading in the right direction.

Tonight we are at home against San Jose State. I encourage members of the USANA family in the Bay Area to come to the game and see these amazing athletes. Plus, as part of the West Coast Conference's "Be a Part of It" program we are conducting a "Fitness Day."

After the game I will be speaking briefly with Rosie Bank, a certified nutrition and wellness consultant, about fitness and nutrition (and I'm sure we'll talk a little about USANA).

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Best of luck in your first season!